Let's get started with deploying Bissetii in your next development. Bissetii itself comprises of many core components integrated together using various core technologies. That way, Bissetii can deliver modular results with common packing distributions.
Factors to Consider
Before using Bissetii, you must consider the following factors with readiness in mind.
1. Bissetii Is An Actively Developed Hugo Theme and Go Template Module
Bissetii is specifically designed for 3 primary roles:
- As a Hugo Theme Module
- As a Go template design module
- As a CSS framework module
When used as a Hugo Theme module, web developers and designers can independently design the Sass and HTML components or building a static website without needing to learn Go programming language.
When used as a Go template design module, Go developer can develop web interface quickly without needing to write and design user interface modules from scratch.
When used as a CSS framework module, it allows developers to use Bissetii user interface design outside of both Hugo and Go interfaces.
That being said, Bissetii module would be updated in an extra ordinary manner. Hence, you should always keep track of them and update your applications from time-to-time.
2. Not For Beginner
Although Bissetii keeps its design to be simple and nice, it is not for beginner. Bissetii consistently being upgraded with respect to the latest search engine optimization (SEO) implementations and W3C amendment.
Hence, when using Bissetii, you MUST already mastered your SEO skills and W3C knowledge.
3. Minimalist Design
Bissetii is a complete rewritten project referenced from Milligram CSS Framework Project. The goal is to create a maintainable, compliance to W3C standard, minimialistic web styling framework for both static website generation and Go application.
4. Snapcraft and Ubuntu PPA Support Removed
As of version
v1.9.0, both Snapcraft.io and
distribution providers are no longer supported but can’t be removed by the
Hence, you will not get any support if you use any of them to install Bissetii.
Installing Bissetii Program
Regardless of your use intentions, there is a chance you need to use the Bissetii program to manage the complicated “Hugo and Theme” setup. Bissetii specifically designed a program to keep things sane and consistent to use. Here are some of the ways to install Bissetii program.
Debian Linux (
To install Bissetii program locally using
.deb packaging system, Bissetii has
its own server. In your Debian-based OS, you need to do the following 1-time
1. Adding Bissetii’s GnuPG Signing Key - The very first step is to add Bissetii’s GnuPG signing key into your local apt trusted key. You can obtain the key from the known SKS keyservers pool.
$ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://p80.pool.sks-keyservers.net:80 --recv 7AE8191A
2. Add Source File into Apt List - The next step is to add a source list into the apt source file. You may easily add the file using the following command:
$ sudo echo 'deb http://zoralab.gitlab.io/bissetii/releases/deb master main' \ > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bissetii.list
3. Update Your Apt - Next is to pick up the update from the server. You may easily do that using the following command:
$ sudo apt update -y
4. Install Bissetii - Once done, you may easily install Bissetii using the standard apt installation step.
$ sudo apt install bissetii -y
5. Updating Bissetii - Bissetii updates the package via the apt server. Hence, whenever there is a new update, you can get them using this command repeatedly in the future:
$ sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
6. Check Bissetii - With the program installed, you can test it out by issuing the following command. It should produces a good result:
$ bissetii --version 1.12.4
Once done, please feel free to explore other sections to construct your website. Thank you for choosing Bissetii.